Location and Venue
Congress Center Basel
MCH Messe Schweiz
Situated in Switzerland at the heart of Europe, Basel is one of the continent’s most convenient locations for major events. Basel is easily accessible from many European cities by plane or high-speed trains. Approximate travel times to the conference center:
- Basel Badischer Bahnhof (DB) train station is in walking distance to the conference site. Or 5 minutes with tram lines 2 or 6, exit at "Messeplatz".
- Basel SBB train station: ca. 20 minutes by public transport (3.40 CHF / 2.80 EUR). Take tram line 1 or 2 and exit at "Messeplatz".
- Basel SBB/SNCF train station: ca. 20 minutes by public transport (3.40 CHF / 2.80 EUR). Take tram line 1 or 2 and exit at "Messeplatz".
- Basel EuroAirport (BSL): 15 minutes by taxi (ca. 40 CHF / 35 EUR ); ca. 20 minutes by public transport (3.40 CHF / 2.8 EUR). When arriving at Basel airport, take the exit to "Switzerland" (not France). For public transport, take bus line 50 to SBB train station and from there tram lines 1 or 2 and exit at "Messeplatz".
- Zürich Airport (ZRH): ca. 90 minutes by train and public transport to the conference site (ca. 45 CHF / 37 EUR). Trains to Basel are leaving from Zürich airport every 30 minutes (either direct or via Zürich main station; train schedules are displayed at the luggage belts. Take the train to either Basel SBB or Basel Badischer Bahnhof.
When checking in as a guest at a hotel in Basel, you will receive a Mobility Ticket which gives you free use of public transport during your stay. Registration to [BC]2 conference does not include travel and accomodation. The following pages are provided for your information to help you making your own arrangements.
Since 12 December 2008 Switzerland is an associated member state of the Schengen agreement and hence part of the Schengen area. The Schengen regulations apply for the entry and a stay that is not subject to authorisation up to three months. For individuals who are required to hold a visa, Switzerland will issue Schengen visas for a stay up to three months that are valid for the whole Schengen area.
For details about visa requirements for Switzerland, please contact your local Swiss consulate or the homepage of the Swiss Confederation: [FOM]